E&Y has produced its own Medicare document, Prescription for Change," which outlines the potential outcomes of current Mediare plans being bandied about, and offers its own solutions to an issue which will affect 1 in 3 Americans within the next two decades.
The E&Y document:
Â· Examines the drivers that will create the Medicare benefit, regardless of the current political obstacles
Â· Provides a basic sketch of what the new benefit could look like
Â· Explains the profound impact a prescription drug benefit will have on stakeholders
Â· Addresses the questions:
- Should the benefit be universal, subsidized, or directed to low-income individuals?
- What role should the federal and state governments play?
- What role should private industry play?
- How can consumers be guaranteed a choice while costs are controlled?
- How will consumers, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and other stakeholders be affected?
In addition to the document, E&Y plans to hold a live online webcast Octoboer 25 at which members of the firm will discuss new health care proposals that may affect your business. You can register to attend the free webcast.