Day 69: Getting Past the Afternoon Slump
by AccountingWEB on
Two quick exercises to help you get over the afternoon slump:
Step 1: Stand up. Remove wristwatch and bracelets. Arms should be straight down with palms at your side, facing your hips.
Step 2: Bring your right hand slightly forward so that it is facing your right thigh. Place your left hand on top of your right hand, left palm against the back of your right hand.
Step 3: Press your left hand against the right hand, then quickly slide your left hand up your right arm to the shoulder, maintaining pressure.
Step 4: Turn your right hand so the palm is facing away from your body.
Step 5: Slide your left hand back down the length of your right arm until your palms are against each other.
Step 6: Roll your right hand back so it is facing your body. Repeat 9 more times for a total of 10 times.
Step 7: Reverse the hands and repeat the exercise.
Step 1: Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your arms so that elbows are facing straight down and palms are facing each other at shoulder level.
Step 2: Flap your hands like little wings, bring your hands closer together but not touching, then continue flapping while moving them farther apart. Flap for a total of about 150-200 flaps.
AccountingWEB would like to thank Mind-Energy.net for suggesting these exercises.
If you're still feeling in a slump, here are some quick tips for getting energized:
- Get up, walk, if possible, go outside for a breath of fresh air, take on a few flights of stairs
- Turn on some music - use headphones if necessary
- Drink caffeine
- Take a 10-15 minute power nap
- Take a mental break - search for something fun on the Internet, read a magazine, or talk to a co-worker about something not work-related
- Cold water - drink or splash on your face
- Snack on nuts, berries, yogurt, or dark chocolate
- Organize your desk so you are using a clean surface
- Light a scented candle
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises.
5 days 23 hours ago by K Wells
6 days 1 hour ago by kosmas
1 week 4 days ago by John Stokdyk