Day 12: Yoga tree pose
Yoga Tree Pose
Improve your balance with today's quick yoga posture
The book, Office Yoga, by Darrin Zeer, recommends that you try this pose just before going into a meeting or taking a call.
- Remove shoes and stand next to a table or chair for balance.
- Raise right foot up against the inside of your thigh.
- Place right hand on your foot if the foot starts to slide down.
- If you feel steady, place hands in front of your chest in a prayer position.
- Feel the standing foot rooted into the ground.
- Inhale and raise your arms overhead, keeping your palms together and stretching upwards through the fingertips.
- Relax and breathe.
- Stand straight and balanced.
- Switch legs slowly.
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises.
Voice of the Editor
Results from a recent AICPA survey disclosed the two top priorities for CPA firms as they plan for the future: bringing in new business and finding talent. Our goal at Sift Media is to help our readers deal with the issues most important to them. One way in which we are doing this is through the launch of our new recruitment/placement service, Going Concern Jobs. Check it out today for your talent needs.
This Week on AccountingWEB
Brian Fox, CPA, founder and CMO of Confirmation.com, explains how the company's electronic audit confirmation service helped the FBI uncover a $6 million fraud scheme.
Russ Wilson of Moss Adams talks with us about the firm's collaboration with WWU in educating and developing talented accounting and business professionals.
Plante Moran CPAs Gordon Krater, Alicia Sturtevant, and Susan Perline spoke with AccountingWEB about the firm's Women in Leadership initiative.
Jeff Thomson, CMA, president and CEO of the IMA, talks with us about the 2013 jobs market for accounting professionals.