Day 1: Sit-Up-and-Succeed Chest and Shoulder Opener
Sit-Up-and-Succeed Chest and Shoulder Opener
Lengthen your posture with this energizing stretch that counteracts the tendency to slouch. You will feel better and project a more confident image. Confidence in the office is always great, especially when asking for your well-deserved raise.
- Sit with good posture with your shoulders relaxed and your arms at your sides
- Spread your arms out wide as you reach toward opposite sides of the room. Rotate your palms upward and lift your arms overhead. Stretch your fingertips as if you want to touch the sky.
- Gently clasp your hands together. Inhale as you arch your upper back and lift your breastbone upward. Exhale as you hold the stretch.
- Continue to breathe deeply as you stretch and lengthen your torso for up to thirty seconds.
- For an additional back stretch, lower your clasped hands in front of your chest. Brethe deeply as you relax your shoulders and spread your shoulder blades wide across your back.
- Repeat by reaching your arms wide, then lifting upward to continue stretching for another thirty seconds.
Reprinted from "Fitness 9 to 5" by Shirley Archer
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises.