Nov 13th 2013
New enhancements, more user-friendly navigation, and the latest information on hot tax topics impacting tax professionals and their clients are only some of the updated features of the industry's most powerful research platform, CCH IntelliConnect®. The recent additions include a new Health Care Library, an Apportionment Planner, and the Home Office Deduction Evaluator that allows users to compare actual home office costs against the new safe harbor method that can be used to calculate the deduction. CCH, part of Wolters Kluwer is a leading global provider of tax, accounting, and audit information, software, and services.
"Helping professionals stay on top of the latest legislation and federal tax changes really adds value for our customers who need quick access to important answers," said Tracy Mortenson, CCH Director of Electronic Products, Research and Learning. "By combining the latest information with newly enhanced features, IntelliConnect makes it even easier for users to instantly pinpoint what they need within our premier content library stretching across our expansive research platform."
New Features, Powerful Resources
The Health Care Library features all relevant Affordable Care Act and health care updates impacting tax rules, in one convenient place. In-depth information includes special tax briefings, practice tools, a new Health Care Coverage Locator Smart Chart, and several interactive research aids that help a tax practitioner navigate new Affordable Care Act rules and resultant IRS rulings and regulations.
Content items featured in the Health Care Reform Library include:
Affordable Care Act: Law, Regulatory Explanation, and Analysis 2014 – Provides integrated law and detailed explanations of the tax provisions amended by the Affordable Care Act, completely updated for all developments since the law was enacted, including all guidance issued by the IRS.
Health Care Analysis Locator – Formatted as a CCH Smart Chart, it helps practitioners quickly find explanations and other features related to health reform and the net investment income tax.
Interactive Research Aids for Health Care Reform – Easy-to-use interactive web applications that help users reach tax research conclusions quickly. These decision trees, interactive examples, and interactive charts help practitioners determine items such as whether the net investment income tax applies to a particular taxpayer, the application of the penalty for failing to maintain essential minimum health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, and the tax calculation on net investment income.
Among IntelliConnect's new technology enhancements for easier navigation and research are:
- Saving Smart Charts to Research Folders – After creating their own Smart Charts, users can now save them to specific research folders. Those Smart Charts can then be shared with others using the Shared Research Folder feature of IntelliConnect.
- Order Favorites – Enables users to organize favorite sections or specific content however they choose.
- Save Specific Sections of Publications as Favorites – For easy access to the information of highest value, users may save either a part or an entire chapter of a publication as a "favorite."
- Increased Functionality for Documents Opened in a New Window – View Relate buttons and access Notes & Highlights functionality on documents opened in a new window.
- Increased History – On IntelliConnect, users can keep track of research history for up to one year. Users can also search through their history for a specific search term or document title and view history by a selected time frame.
Enhanced CCH State Smart Charts are also available via IntelliConnect including local sales and use tax charts, state tax rate charts with prior rates back to 2010, property tax charts, and state-by-state tax rates charts on alcoholic beverages.
For More Information
To learn more about the latest content additions and enhancements to the powerful IntelliConnect research platform, please visit CCHGroup.com or have a CCH representative contact you.
IntelliConnect is also available wherever and whenever answers are needed via CCH Mobile. And details about CCH mobile research solutions are available by visiting CCHGroup.com/mobile.