(SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS, November 8, 2011) – The paperless system that automates the time-consuming tasks of gathering, organizing and bookmarking tax data from scanned source documents before being exported into CCH’s ProSystem fx® Tax solution is getting a lift – up into the cloud. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business and a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHGroup.com), is introducing a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) version of its popular ProSystem fx® Scan, which will be available by the end of 2011. The introduction of Scan (SaaS) further extends CCH’s suite of cloud solutions.
Not only does ProSystem fx Scan digitally organize the “shoebox” of unsorted client information and data, it determines what each item is, and outputs the documents to a single, organized and bookmarked PDF file. Now, firms can choose between the firm-hosted version of Scan or moving data into secure, digital storage with the new, cloud-based solution of Scan (SaaS).
“As cloud technology becomes more prevalent with tax, accounting and audit professionals, we’re consistently asking our customers how they want to use cloud-based tools and then building solutions to meet their needs,” said Bob Dias, CCH Vice President, Tax Product Management. “The new (SaaS) version of ProSystem fx Scan offers all the same functionality as the on-premise product, but provides advantages for firms that prefer to convert information from the office to the cloud.”
Advanced Workflow Technology, Integration
Professionals relying on ProSystem fx Scan and Scan (SaaS) also enjoy full integration with ProSystem fx Tax, ProSystem fx® Document and ProSystem fx® PDFlyerTM.
ProSystem fx Scan integration enables effortless storage of client source documents and other scanned files in ProSystem fx Document and ProSystem fx Document (SaaS) using barcode technology – ready for instant retrieval. Newer right-click functionality makes saving scanned files to ProSystem fx Document (SaaS) even easier.
PDFlyer, AutoFlow Technology Offer Even More Power
Designed to facilitate the tax preparation workflow process, ProSystem fx PDFlyer is a powerful Acrobat® plug-in that lets professionals efficiently prepare 1040s using multiple PDF files in a paperless environment. PDFlyer enables users to:
- Simultaneously move pages when the associated bookmark is moved, whether that bookmark contains single or multiple pages;
- Merge multiple bookmarked PDF files into a single file, combining the contents of common bookmarks;
- Create and attach digital adding machine tapes;
- Utilize a set of CPA-specific tickmarks and hyperlinked connectors;
- Leverage new sign-off tools which help easily identify which source documents have been used in preparation or have already been reviewed; and
- Use new custom stamps, allowing your firm to tailor your digital 1040 workflows.
ProSystem fx Scan solutions are also supported by CCH AutoFlow TechnologyTM – the process that extracts data from 1040 client source documents to be imported into tax returns for comprehensive digital preparation. AutoFlow features include:
- Extracting data from common 1040 source documents;
- Facilitating verification of extracted information;
- Importing verified 1040 information directly into ProSystem fx Tax – in real-time;
- Organizing detailed Gain and Loss statement information onto a pre-configured spreadsheet for easy reconciliation and import; and
- AutoFlow Wizard feature makes the validation and import process fast and easy.
CPA Developed, Tested and Proven
ProSystem fx Scan, Scan (SaaS) and AutoFlow help empower professionals to do what they do best – adding value to client services, as well as:
- Making every client document instantly and simultaneously available to multiple users;
- Converting bulky, costly, vulnerable paper file storage to inexpensive, recoverable, secure electronic file storage;
- Increasing staff productivity by pre-sorting client information and standardizing client files; and
- Retaining client data in the world’s most common, accessible business document format – PDF.
For More Information
For more information on ProSystem fx Scan and ProSystem fx Scan (SaaS), please click here or contact a CCH representative at 1-800-PFX-9998 (1-800-739-9998).
Follow the 2011 CCH User Conference
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CorpSystem®, CCH® IntelliConnect®, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Follow us now on Twitter @CCHMediaHelp. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.