The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters kicked off its sixth annual Partner Summit series this week, holding the first Partner Summit of 2013 in Houston, Texas. The two-day strategic planning event is aimed at principals from tax and accounting firms nationwide. The Houston event will be followed over the next several months by five sold-out Partner Summits in Phoenix, New Orleans, St. Louis, Minneapolis, and Atlanta.
- Paul Miller, Business by Design. Miller offers proven insights he gained through operating his own practice. He'll focus on how practitioners can move out of the commodity trade and into the trusted client advisor business, outline an innovative billing methodology that quantifies the value delivered by firm services with the fee collected from the client, and share entrepreneurial insights on how to better manage firm resources and improve client service.
- Andrew W. McCracken, CPA, MAcc, Thomson Reuters. McCracken shares his unique firm perspective and experience in the trenches to show firm leaders how to use technology tools and workflow best practices to increase workflow efficiency, use staff resources more effectively, and elevate client service.
- Therese M. Witherow, Thomson Reuters. Witherow explains implementation strategies and proven approaches to initiating firm change while working with attendees to map out a customized action plan that will prepare them for a more progressive, client-focused future.
Attendees will take home a customized, actionable plan that maps out a path to a more efficient, profitable, and strategic future for their firm. They'll also receive individualized instruction on best practices and progressive workflow trends in the profession and have the opportunity to exchange ideas with other professionals in a small-group setting.
- May 15-16 - Houston, Texas
- June 19-20 - Phoenix, Arizona
- June 26-27 - New Orleans, Louisiana
- July 24-25 - St. Louis, Missouri
- August 21-22 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- August 28-29 - Atlanta, Georgia
"Partner Summits have served as our flagship thought leadership event over the past five years, with a proven track record for helping firms identify untapped opportunities and develop a strategic move-forward business plan. We're very pleased with our line-up of speakers this year and the overall agenda, which focuses on helping firm leaders improve their businesses and serve clients better," said Scott Fleszar, vice president, strategic marketing, for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters.