Sep 30th 2013
Advert Advertise with us
Intuit Inc. has reimagined QuickBooks Online as the global small business operating system. This next-generation QuickBooks Online, available in more than 100 countries, provides small businesses and accountants with an intuitive, easy-to-use design that gives small businesses access to a robust, open platform that grows with small businesses and works anytime, anywhere.
"Today we're unveiling the next generation of QuickBooks Online, the biggest release in decades," said Dan Wernikoff, SVP & GM of Intuit Small Business Financial Solutions. "We rebuilt QuickBooks Online from the ground up to deliver a simple, yet powerful platform that goes beyond accounting and offers small businesses an unprecedented business management solution. The online version of QuickBooks is built to take advantage of the cloud and is an open platform that sets our foundation for future growth in the United States and globally."
A Powerfully Simple Solution
QuickBooks Online is now faster and easier to use than ever. The engaging new design is not only beautiful, but also built for better functionality. The latest version streamlines business tasks to boost efficiency and help save small businesses time. Customized data now appears in a visual manner that is informative and easy-to-understand. Enhanced features include:
- Simple set-up and easy to learn, intuitive functions for any small business
- Fast performance, offering real-time data and reports
- Scalable solutions to fit the needs of any size small business
- The power of QuickBooks with the benefits of the Intuit accountant ecosystem
"I was happy with QuickBooks Online before, but when I saw the new version, I was blown away," said Laura Redmond, founder of Redmond Accounting. "It's sleek, fast, and simple and the layout is clean and fresh."
Open and Integrated Platform
The online version of QuickBooks has been rebuilt as an open platform. For small businesses, this simplifies work by integrating all of Intuit's powerful business management tools under one umbrella. The QuickBooks Online platform includes Intuit's robust small business tools, including Payroll and Payments, which are now interconnected and built into the online version of QuickBooks. The open platform design allows third parties and app developers to create small business applications that are available to nearly 500,000 QuickBooks Online subscribers, which boast more than 1.3 million users, giving customers the ability to customize the online version of QuickBooks to meet their specific business needs, while providing them access to data across applications. The QuickBooks Online platform offers a range of collaborative tools including:
- Access to Intuit's accounting, payments and payroll add-on solutions through one login, from a computer, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
- Real-time data updates enabling immediate accountant or bookkeeper collaboration
- Large-scale app integration and access to Intuit's Apps.com, one of the largest and most diverse small business apps marketplaces
Work Anytime, Anywhere
QuickBooks Online has evolved to adapt to the evolving needs of small business owners, who are increasingly on-the-go and rely on mobile for day-to-day tasks. This release of the online version of QuickBooks features a mobile-first design approach that gives small business owners around the world access to information wherever they work. Features include:
- Availability in more than 100 countries in more than 10 languages
- Data safely stored in the cloud for on-the-go accessibility via any internet-connected computer, iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet
- Compatibility across PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
"When you log in, it's beautiful," said Adam Wegener, co-owner of TrashAmps, a portable sound system company. "I appreciate the functionality of being able to access the software from my phone and tablet. Being a small business owner, you never know when or where you're working, so the ability to go in and check on things is a real benefit to me."
Pricing and Availability
The new QuickBooks Online experience is scheduled to be available starting in late October for new users, and rollout to existing users in more than 100 countries is scheduled to begin in January 2014.
After a 30-day free trial, the online version of QuickBooks starts at the standard list price of $12.99 per month or $124.99 per year for new users, which includes free access to all of Intuit mobile apps. Visit www.quickbooks.com/new for more information.