Intuit Inc. made it even easier for accounting professionals to stand out in the Cloud, announcing the commercial availability of QuickBooks Online Accountant, the addition of several Cloud-based solutions to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program, and the integration between its online accounting and tax solutions. The news was shared during the keynote address at the Sleeter Group's Accounting Solutions Conference.
Seamless Connection to Clients
With the commercial availability of QuickBooks Online Accountant, accounting professionals will have access to the tools they need to perform essential accounting tasks quickly and seamlessly. Following one of the largest pilot programs in the industry, many accounting professionals reported the product provided significant time savings when managing clients' QuickBooks Online company files.
Some key QuickBooks Online Accountant features include:
- All clients in one place: Manage all QuickBooks Online clients without logging out. Client list includes automatic display of client contact information for easy editing and smooth transitioning between clients' companies.
- Online client company files: Manage your firm's finances from anywhere using QuickBooks Online company file.
- Worry-free snapshot reconciliation: Easily see the status of all accounts in order to troubleshoot, easily detect changes, and undo prior reconciliations if needed.
- Reclassify transactions in batch: Find transactions that have an incorrect account or class and reclassify them all in one step, throughout the year, saving time and improving accuracy at year-end.
- Batch invoice write off: Specify and write off a group of invoices instead of one at a time.
- Locate missing transactions: Find voided and deleted transactions by amount, user, and date.
- View reports: Compare balance sheet and profit and loss statements to prior year and prior month. Analyze six- and twelve-month income and expense trends and compare actual to planned.
In addition, Intuit is currently testing a new way to transition a QuickBooks Pro or Premier file to a QuickBooks Online account in just three steps and three minutes or less, making it even easier for accounting professionals to set up clients on QuickBooks Online using their existing QuickBooks desktop files.
"There are currently 1.5 million small businesses users of QuickBooks Online worldwide, and a new user joins up every minute of the day," said Jill Ward, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit's Accounting Professionals Division. "With QuickBooks Online Accountant, accounting professionals now have tools designed specifically to serve this rapidly growing client base."
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program Helps Members Attract and Serve Online Clients
As a direct result of feedback from its more than 80,000 members worldwide, enhancements to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program will help members better serve the growing number of QuickBooks Online clients and maintain a competitive edge.
QuickBooks Online certification and online training will be available beginning October 29, 2012, and can be accessed via desktop, iPhone, or iPad (Android support coming soon). ProAdvisors certified in QuickBooks Online will receive a ProAdvisor badge and a listing on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website to reach QuickBooks Online clients looking to hire an accountant.
Beginning November 1, 2012, additional program benefits for ProAdvisors include free access to Intuit's online solutions, improved support. and marketing tools:
- Free online accounting solutions: QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Accountant are bundled and available at no cost to ProAdvisors.
- Free online tax returns: ProAdvisors now receive five free 1040 returns and a ten percent discount on all Intuit Tax Online tax return bundles.
- Free online payroll solutions: One year of Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants or Intuit Full Service Payroll for one client at no cost.
- Discounted online apps: ProAdvisors receive additional discounts on apps created by third-party developers that are specifically designed to meet the needs of accounting professionals and those of your clients.
"Our members spoke and we listened," Ward added. "These enhancements to our ProAdvisor program will help accounting professionals better support their QBO clients and counsel their desktop clients in their transition to the Cloud."
Seamless End-to-End Solution across the Entire Workflow
With forty-five million customers using its connected services; more than fifty mobile apps; and multiple online solutions across accounting, tax, payments, payroll, practice management, and online banking, Intuit is uniquely positioned to deliver an integrated solution that saves accounting professionals time and improves accuracy.
By the end of this year, accounting professionals will be able to seamlessly move from accounting work in QuickBooks Online Accountant to tax work in Intuit Tax Online and thus complete the entire workflow for their clients.
"It's a match made in accountancy heaven and there's so much more to come," said Ward. "Cloud-based and mobile technologies are reinventing how small businesses and accounting professionals do their job, enabling greater flexibility around when, where, and how the work gets done. We're leading our customers through this transition by delivering integrated online solutions that save time, lower their costs, create a competitive edge, and help them grow."
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Online Accountant is free to accounting professionals who work with at least one QuickBooks Online small business client. More information is available at http://proadvisor.intuit.com/qboa