Oct 3rd 2010
Last week our firm hosted a Security and Fraud Prevention Seminar which was highlighted by FBI Special Agents Scott Sutherlandand David Clark. During the training we learned about the many different threats to your business. Things like:
Advert Advertise with us
1. Phishing – the art of socially engineering an individual into giving up their personal information.
2. Pharming – a scamming practice in which malicious code is installed on a personal computer or server.
3. Keylogger – a keystroke logging action of tracking the keys struck on a keyboard, typically in a covert manner so that the person using the keyboard is unaware that their actions are being monitored.
4. Skimming and Pin Capture - is a method used to capture data from the magnetic stripe on the back of ATM and Credit Cards.
5. Affinity Fraud – scams that prey upon members of an identifiable groups.
6. Mortgage Fraud - A knowing misrepresentation of the truth or concealment of a material fact in a mortgage application to induce another to approve the granting of a mortgage.
Special Agent Sutherland, Clark, and the other speakers spent a considerable amount of time not only warning about these many dangers, but how to minimize those risks. If you would like a copy of the material shared at the session, please contact me.