Allan Koltin, of PDI Global, shared some helpful information about issues that can make or break a successful merger at the Association for Accounting Administration National Practice Management Conference last week in New Orleans.
Here's Allan's Top 10 Reasons Why Potential Mergers Didn't Happen:
- Firm name
- Culture, culture, culture!
- Too many people can say "No"
- The myths are stronger than the reality.
- Worried about perceived risk
- Compensation programs too dissimilar
- Other firm did a better job of selling "their franchise"
- Financial terms