On April 7, 2010 from 12:00 pm to 1:15 pm CST, Jon Skavlem and myself from Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP will be presenting a free webinar entitled, "State of Confusion: Sales and Use Tax in an Electronic World."
E-commerce and digital products and services expand opportunities for growth far beyond the physical location of a business. However, failing to comply with applicable sales and use tax rules can put an organization at risk for tax assessments that include interest and penalties. Understanding the tax consequences connected to Internet transactions is critical.
Go to STATE OF CONFUSION for all of the details and to register for this FREE webinar.
The program will cover:
- Aggressive new nexus standards for multistate sellers
- Sales and use tax rules for electronic commerce
- The role of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement
- Treatment of digital goods in various states
- Evolving rules for software and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- The "Amazon.com tax" -- New York and other states
- U.S. Value Added Tax (VAT) and e-commerce