There's been a lot of stuff going on with awards from and for the K2 Team. In the last week, Randy Johnston was recognized as one of the 100 Most Influential People in Accounting by Accounting Today, I was recognized as a member of the CPA Technology Advisor's "40 Under 40" for my work with the profession, and K2 gave out their annual quality awards to software publishers serving the accounting profession.
Since it is better to give than to receive, I'll start with our annual K2 Quality Awards:
Hammond, LA – October 8, 2008 -- K2 Enterprises today announced the recipients of their annual quality awards as follow
• Reseller Program– Open Systems, Inc.
• CPA Program –Pro Advisor – Intuit, Inc.
• Installation Channel/Methodology – Rapid QuickBooks Replacements – Microsoft Dynamics GP
• Reseller Channel – SYSPRO
• New Product – Workstation 6.5 VMware
• Technical Support – Sage Software
• Customer Satisfaction – Thomson Reuters
• Ease of Use – QuickBooks – Intuit, Inc.
• Marketing Communications – Doc-It, Inc.
• Overall Quality – Avalara
• Tax & Audit – Pro Systems fx Engagement - CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
• Accounting Industry Press Coverage – The CPA Technology Advisor
As part of their service and consulting to the CPA industry, K2 annually votes on both hardware and software products for software publishers and hardware manufacturers. These products are used by CPAs in both public practice and industry. “Great value, vision, and consistency are recognized by our CPA attendees. When companies are innovating, we can see the quality of their products and/or services improving before the market,as a whole, recognizes the changes,” said K2 Executive Vice-President, Randy Johnston
K2 Enterprises is the premier provider of technology continuing professional education (CPE) in both the United States and Canada. With seminars in over 47 states in 2008, 1,000+ presentations, special events such as their turn-key Annual Technology Conferences, CPE & Ski, K2 Enterprises - Canada, they are the largest provider of technology CPE in North America.
K2 Enterprises Annual Quality Awards are determined by a poll of the K2 Enterprises instructor team. The voting members of this team are Randy Johnston, Will Fleenor, Val Steed, Bob Spencer, Alan Salmon, Lawrence(Mac) McClelland, Tommy Stephens, Brian Tankersley, Ward Blatch. Their votes are influenced by, end user feedback, and experience from consulting and extensive teaching. Detailed biographies on each of the voting members can be found at: http://www.k2e.com/team
The other two awards are described at the links listed below: