INCORPORATED. All Rights Reserved.
Mary Dale Walters — 847-267-2038, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Jung — 773-429-0940, email@example.com
COMPLETETAX™ NOW AVAILABLE ON THE WEB:
COMPLETE AND E-FILE FEDERAL, STATE TAXES FOR ONLY $7.50
CCH Delivers Web-Based Filing System to
Deliver Fast, Secure, Easy Tax Preparation and Information to Consumers
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., February 1, 2000) – Consumers and small business owners can now log on to CompleteTax™, a low-cost, web-based tax preparation and e-filing software developed by CCH Business Owner’s Toolkit, a leading small business portal for tax information and software tools. Making its Internet debut today, CompleteTax (www.completetax.com) allows individual and small business users to complete and file both a federal and a state income tax return for a total cost of $7.50.
Among the features of CompleteTax designed specifically for the consumer and small business filers:
- CompleteTax Organizer – An interactive, easy to use method for organizing all tax information. It customizes itself based on responses to simple interview questions, creating a fast method for collecting only relevant information for the tax return. CompleteTax Organizer is quickly downloadable, allowing filers to complete the process offline at their convenience.
- Comprehensive Tax Help Resources – Leveraging CCH’s 87 years of experience in explaining tax rules and regulations, CompleteTax provides filers with an easy
to understand, fully searchable online tax reference library.
- Specialized Small Business Help – Small business owners will especially benefit by using CompleteTax in conjunction with CCH’s Business Owner’s Toolkit Tax Guide 2000™ print reference available in major bookstores nationwide. Buyers of the book also will be able to file one federal and one state return through CompleteTax at no charge.
- Enhanced Security – Each filer’s data is encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer protocol, a recognized Internet security standard.
- Electronic and Print Filing Options – Once a taxpayer is ready to file, CompleteTax uses sophisticated software to calculate and produce the final tax returns. After approval by the taxpayer, CompleteTax will electronically file the return with the IRS and in any one of 26 states selected by the taxpayer. Taxpayers located in other states or who prefer to file a paper copy of their returns, can print them out from CompleteTax.
- Low Price – The fee for electronically preparing and filing one federal and one state return is just $7.50. The filled-in return also can be printed out from CompleteTax, for taxpayers who prefer to file a paper copy of their returns.
About CCH INCORPORATED
CCH INCORPORATED, headquartered in Riverwoods, Ill., was founded in 1913 and has served four generations of business professionals and their clients. The company produces more than 700 electronic and print products for the tax, legal, securities, human resources, health care and small business markets. CCH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wolters Kluwer U.S. The CCH web site can be accessed at www.cch.com.
-- ### --