NEW SevenKeys CPA RESEARCH: Accounting Firms Step Up Marketing Efforts in New Battle for Clients
by Jean Caragher and Rick Telberg
Responses are pouring in for the latest SevenKeys CPA study of marketing trends. (If you haven't already received an invitation, you can join the survey here. Participants get a special report of the the top-line results.)
The preliminary results are eye-opening.
Accounting firms are rapidly escalating their business-building efforts:
- 66% of accountants say their firms have been increasing their marketing and business development activities in the last 12 months.
85%say they will be continuing to step up marketing in the coming 12 months
- 55% are accelerating their own personal biz-dev efforts
Adding new clients is now, clearly, the foremost concern, with 83% listing it as an objective, followed by:
- Client retention, 72%,
- Lead Generation, 62%, and
- Niche or Specialty Services, 49%.
In the next 12 months, firms will be stepping up:
1. Networking with prospects and referral sources, 67%,
2. Upgrading the firm's website, 57%,
3. E-newsletters, 52%,
4. Social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.), 48%, and
5. Thought leadership (blogging, publishing articles, speaking engagements, white papers), 45%.
More details of the survey will be released at the next SevenKeys CPA action-planning workshop.
- You can sign up here for the Live Online Marketing and Business Development Workshop July 21.
- Next month, we're participating in the Live Online Client Service and Satisfaction Workshop on August 18 here.
- SevenKeys CPA is offering a hefty discount if you buy both here.