"YOU NEED A VISION - YOU NEED A PLAN" - LOU HOLTZ
I have a new picture to add to my collection. I had the honor last week to hear Lou Holtz speak and to meet him afterwards at the Winning Is Everything CPA management conference in Las Vegas.
- You need a vision; you need a plan.
- Focus on your purpose – - you don’t sell anything; you help people get what they want.
- Use common sense.
- You need each other – a team enables you to do more than you can do alone.
- As the challenges escalate, the more you need teamwork.
- The team MUST improve (add people, add skills, eliminate some people).
- EVERYONE must improve – there can’t be a weak link
- You cannot win if you do not change.
- If you are not getting better, you are getting worse.
- Three rules – - 1) Do right 2)Do everything to the best of your ability 3) Make sure people know you care
- Five things to remember: Attitude, Passion, Focus on purpose, Be a dreamer and Lift people up.
Rita Keller is a nationally known CPA firm management consultant, speaker, author, mentor and blogger. She is a former shareholder and administrative partner in a successful, regional CPA firm and has over 30 years hands-on experience in CPA firm management, marketing, technology and administrative operations. She works with firms across the country focusing on people, partners and internal management issues.