SALT UPDATE BRIEFING
Here are a few of the top SALT news/updates that I read this morning and thought you might find interesting:
- California considering tax breaks for "Drone" Manufacturers
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group (a consumer organization known as MASSPIRG) calls for more oversight of tax incentives
- Ohio Association of Realtors opposes the Governor's proposal to expand sales tax to services
- Multistate Tax Commission (MTC) will be holding a hearing to propose amendments to it's MTC apportionment formula
- Arkansas House of Representatives introduces bill to create combined reporting and change the corporate income tax rate to a flat 6%
- Oregon Supreme Court rules in two separate cases: (1) that gain on the sale of a FCC license is business income (Crystal Communications, Inc.), and (2) gain from the sale of stock by a telecommunications company whose affiliated did business in Oregon was business income (Centurytel, Inc.)
If any of these developments may have an impact on your company, please contact me to discuss.
Brian Strahle is the owner of LEVERAGE SALT, LLC where he provides state and local tax technical services to accounting firms, law firms and tax research organizations across the United States. He also writes a weekly column in Tax Analysts State Tax Notes entitled, "The SALT Effect." For more info, visit his website: www.leveragestateandlocaltax.com
You can reach Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because state and local taxes are deceptively simple and endlessly complicated.