Rita Stars In A Christmas Story - Just For You!
As 2012 draws to a close, I have a special message and challenge for all of my clients and friends in the CPA profession. I’ve modified the dialogue (from the flagpole scene in A Christmas Story) to demonstrate some “accountant speak” just for you!
- Flick: Are you kidding, stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That’s dumb.
- (Accountant: Are you kidding, start using social media to promote the firm? That’s dumb.)
- Schwartz: That’s cause you know it will stick.
- (Rita: That’s cause you know it will work.)
- Flick: Your’re full of it.
- (Accountant: You’re full of it.)
- Schwartz: Oh, yeah? Well, I double dog-dare you!
- Rita: (Oh, yeah? Well, I double dog-dare you!)
- Narrator: Now it was serious, a double dog-dare.
- Schwartz/Rita: I TRIPLE DOG-DARE YOU!
- Narrator: Schwartz/Rita created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat, the triple DOG-dare.
- Schwartz: Go on, smart ass, and do it.
- (Rita: Go on, smart ass, and do it.)
- Flick: I’m going!
- (Accountant: I’m going to give it a try!)
Narrator: There was no going back now.
Rita: There is no going back now - Have a joyous holiday season and an extraordinary 2013.
Rita Keller is a nationally known CPA firm management consultant, speaker, author, mentor and blogger. She is a former shareholder and administrative partner in a successful, regional CPA firm and has over 30 years hands-on experience in CPA firm management, marketing, technology and administrative operations. She works with firms across the country focusing on people, partners and internal management issues.