Xero Embarks on Inaugural Twenty-City National Road Show
by Terri Eyden on
By Jason Bramwell
Accounting software provider Xero embarked on its first national road show earlier this week, in which the San Francisco-based company is providing free training to accountants and bookkeepers on how small businesses can use its Cloud accounting platform to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The monthlong, twenty-city US tour – which kicked off in Baltimore, Maryland, on October 21 and concludes in Honolulu, Hawaii, on November 21 – is also showcasing Xero's latest platform functions, including Xero Files.
The new document management solution allows users to manage financial data and documents in the same system, which Xero officials say will make small businesses more efficient and allow for complete collaboration in the Cloud. Xero Files enables contracts, company incorporation documents, board minutes, and warranties to be shared between businesses, accountants, bookkeepers, and directors.
"The launch of Xero Files, our recent $150 million capital raise, and continued global momentum are further proof that the accounting industry is moving away from traditional desktop solutions to embrace the Cloud," Xero US President Jamie Sutherland said in a written statement.
Upcoming Xero National Road Show Stops
- October 24: Boston, Massachusetts
- October 24: Chicago, Illinois
- October 28: Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 29: Atlanta, Georgia
- October 29: Denver, Colorado
- October 30: Dallas, Texas
- November 5: Orlando, Florida
- November 6: Miami, Florida
- November 12: Sacramento, California
- November 12: San Diego, California
- November 13: Los Angeles, California
- November 13: San Jose, California
- November 14: Laguna Beach, California
- November 19: San Francisco, California
- November 21: Honolulu, Hawaii
Sutherland added that Xero, based globally in New Zealand, now has 210,000 customers and 8,800 partners worldwide.
"We will continue to respond to customer demands and offer educational services like the Xero road show to support our growing customer base," he said.
Additionally, road show attendees are given a sneak peek of Xero's payroll, mobile, and purchase order functions. The company touts Xero Payroll as the industry's "most seamless and comprehensive payroll solution to date" and includes the following features:
- Payroll automation
- Automatic tax calculations
- Direct deposit and check options
- Employee access options
- Electronic tax-filing alert and e-applications
- Payroll application programming interface (API) that connects to relevant systems, such as human resources
Participants are also getting a first look at Xero's revamped mobile platform, Xero Touch, which the company claims provides "anytime, anywhere access to a small business' financial landscape with just a few clicks."
3 days 22 hours ago by K Wells
4 days 1 hour ago by kosmas
1 week 2 days ago by John Stokdyk