Rothstein Kass Reference Manual for Fund Managers
The third annual Alternative Investment Fund Pro Forma Financial Statements Reference Manual, published November 15, 2012, by Rothstein Kass, provides the alternative investment community with a comprehensive guidebook for completing financial statements for hedge and hybrid funds, fund of funds, and master-feeder structures.
Notes to Financial Statements Section
The Notes to Financial Statements section includes:
- Reference information and explanations on the nature of operations and summary of significant accounting policies
- Fair value measurements
- Investments in private investment companies
- Amounts due from/to brokers
- Derivative contracts
- Securities purchased under agreements to resell and securities sold under agreements to repurchase
- Securities lending agreements
- Securities sold short
- Concentration of credit risk
- Partners' capital
- Related party transactions
- Ddministrative fee
- Financial highlights
- Subsequent events
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.