Ninety-One Nonprofits Compete to Win $25,000
By Terri Eyden
To thank the Chicago-area community for its support and to celebrate its recent merger, Blackman Kallick Plante Moran launched an online contest ‒ Chicago Community Champions ‒ to help Chicago-area not-for-profit organizations raise their visibility and compete for a $25,000 award.
To be eligible, organizations were required to:
- Possess a valid 501 (c)(3) status over the duration of the contest.
- Plan to use the funds in the counties of McHenry, Lake, Kane, Dupage, Cook, Kendall, Will, Grundy, and Kankakee.
- Use the award to benefit one of the following categories: arts and culture, education, youth development, environment, social services, or community development.
- July 23 – 8:00 a.m. to August 3 at noon CT. The top twenty candidates will advance to the second round.
- August 6 – 8:00 a.m. to August 10 at noon CT. Votes do not accumulate from the previous round.
- August 13 – 8:00 a.m. to August 17 at noon CT.