New York Accounting Foundation Awards $183,750 in Scholarships
The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants' (NYSSCPA) Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE) has announced the sixty-seven New York State students who will receive Excellence in Accounting Scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year.
Attend the CPE event of the year – the Second Annual AccountingWEB LIVE! virtual conference.
Put away your credit card – there’s no cost to reserve your seat today.
Students receiving the $2,500 scholarships must be a declared accounting major and have achieved an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Students also must be eligible for financial aid to receive the scholarships. FAE has dedicated campus liaisons at forty-seven colleges in New York to help identify students eligible for these scholarships.
- Adelphi University - Stephanie Naranjo, Michelle Yim, and Jessica Rodriguez
- Alfred University - Nicole Sutter and Michael Stivale
- Canisius College - Jacob Jeziorowski, Lindsay Glassman, Brian Almendinger, and Elizabet Stefanova
- College of Saint Rose - Allison Gray and Rebecca Jean-Paul
- College of Staten Island - Faisal Sharif and Elena Ghelan
- Daemen College - Kevin Smeader Jr. and Shaun Snyder
- Dowling College - Rebecca Brodsky
- Elmira College - Gabriella Coppola and Keegan Knoll
- Fordham University - Michelle Ciesielska
- Hartwick College - Justin Warren
- Hofstra University - Tracy Robertson
- Ithaca College - Scott Koblick
- Le Moyne College - Zachary Hoalcraft and John Rogan
- Long Island University - Shirnelle Joseph
- Manhattan College - Jennifer Adarna and Alyssa Vigada
- Marist College - Diana Derr
- Mercy College - Kimberly Buono and Yuna Lu
- Molloy College - Nastassja Kosinski
- Nazareth College - Amanda Stevens and Aubrey Cooke
- New York University - Fanxue Meng
- Niagara University - Jason Cutler and Natalie Wisniewski
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Taylor Whalen and Michael Burns
- Siena College - Adam Lindhorst and Jennifer Peone
- St. Bonaventure University - James Tantalo and Jenna Torella
- St. Francis College - Idalizza Berrios
- St. John Fisher - Ryan Weir and Kathleen Fandrich
- St. Joseph's College - Katelyn Albanese and John Gaillard Jr.
- SUNY Fredonia - Richard Burlett III
- SUNY Geneseo - Andrew McNulty
- SUNY Institute of Technology - Cari Donahue
- SUNY New Paltz - Ming Kit Lo
- SUNY Oswego - Daniel Smyth
- SUNY at Old Westbury - Premala Santhiralingram and Esteban Alfaro
- Syracuse University - Gregory DeMilio and Emanuel Mirabal
- University at Albany - Leon Matthew and Smiley Rojas-Nunez
- University at Buffalo - Amilyn Corliss, Sergio Gangarossa, Luwei Jiang, and Joshua Seward
- Utica College - Joshua Haar and David Lyubezhanin
- Shannon Berchem
- Joseph Gonzales
- Yusef Burgos
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.