New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton Settles Tax Credit Lawsuit
By Teresa Ambord
- Coach Payton with a $144,000 stake
- Saints quarterback Brees invested $100,000
- Former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey invested $80,000
- Former Saints quarterback Archie Manning invested $80,000
- Former defensive end Charles Grant had the biggest stake, at $425,000
Payton has now settled his case, though the amount is confidential. His attorney Daniel Becnel Jr. called the settlement substantial. "We were ready to go to trial," he said. "We weren't out there with a tin cup in our hand. We got exactly what we wanted and demanded and they paid it."