MSCPA to Host Partner Retreat November 28-30
Managing partners and firm leaders will confront the major issues facing the accounting profession and learn growth strategies for 2013 and beyond at the Massachusetts Society of CPAs' (MSCPA) New England Practice Management Conference. This three-day partner retreat will be held November 28-30 at the MGM Conference Center and Casino in Ledyard, Connecticut.
- Communication and relationship building
- Strategy execution and rewarding firm leaders
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Recruiting and retaining top talent
- Social media to generate business
- Succession planning and developing future leaders
- Technology - keeping pace with the latest developments and the best software for accounting firms
- Jim Ayraud, CPA, CEO and founder, Next Level, Inc.
- Roman Kepczyk, director of Consulting Services, XCentric
- Allan Koltin, president and CEO, Koltin Consulting Group, Inc.; founding member of The Advisory Board
- Eda Roth, actress and professional communications consultant
- Jennifer Wilson, cofounder and partner, ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.