ICPAS Scholarships Support Future CPAs
By Deanna C. White
- Accounting Tuition Scholarship, which awarded multiple scholarships, up to $2,000 each.
- Accounting Textbook Scholarship, which awarded multiple scholarships, up to $500 each.
- Women's Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarship, which awarded multiple scholarships, up to $4,000 each to high-achieving female students dedicated to becoming CPAs.
- Herman J. Neal Scholarship, which awarded multiple scholarships, up to $4,000 each to support African-American students in their pursuit of an accounting education and CPA designation.
There's more on AWEB!
• Wealth Management
The ICPAS Accounting Scholarship Program is funded by the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois. In addition to providing financial assistance, the scholarship program provides the students with a variety of professional development opportunities to build professional skills, network, and learn from practicing CPAs, who can offer invaluable advice to enhance the students' careers.
- New Jersey CPAs Provide Students with $425,000 in Scholarships
- AICPA Announces Creation of the Maximo Mukelabai Award
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.