High Impact Excel: Data Validation Edition
View the Webinar
Follow this link to register or access the recording. After this seminar has passed, the recording will still be available.
CPE CREDIT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO LIVE ATTENDEES ONLY.
Excel spreadsheets are often akin to the American Wild West, where users can input anything they want into any worksheet cell. Excel's Data Validation feature allows you to restrict user inputs to selected choices, but there are many nuances to the feature that often trip users up. In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA covers Excel's Data Validation Feature from top to bottom so that you can spend less time policing user's inputs and more time building effective spreadsheets.
David will teach from Excel 2010, but will include instructions for Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013 were applicable. In addition to the one-hour presentation, David offers a one-hour "ask the expert" session where you can ask any questions you have about Excel, even if not specifically related to Data Validation.
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners seeking to improve the integrity and ease of use of spreadsheets.
- Use the Table feature (List feature in Excel 2003) to have supporting formulas automatically update themselves when your database query results change.
- Create an in-cell list by way of Excel's Data Validation feature.
- Limit the number of characters that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Specify a range of whole numbers that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Restrict users to entering dates within a given range, or before/after a given date.
- Use Data Validation to block users from entering duplicate values.
- Make it harder for users to circumvent data validation, and easily identify when they attempt to do so.
- Learn how to implement Excel's Data Validation feature.
- Future-proof spreadsheets by creating self-expanding lists.
- Go beyond the basics by creating custom formulas that extend the Data Validation feature.
Accounting Advisors, Inc.
|Field of Study||Specialized Knowledge and Apps|
|Advance Preparation Needed||none|
|Delivery Method||Group-Internet Based|
|Recommended CPE Credit||1 credit per 50-minute session*|
|Registration Instructions||register online|
|Refund policy/Cancellation policy||Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued|
Sift Media is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
* To obtain CPE credit, the live session must be attended. THE RECORDING DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR CPE CREDIT.