Focus on the Future - ICPAS Hosts Showcase
by Terri Eyden on
By Deanna C. White
Whether they are interested in buying their own CPA practice, transferring their office's technology platform to the Cloud, or learning how the nation's now-solidified health care reform will impact businesses, finance and business professionals will get the information they are looking for at the Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) 32nd Annual Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase.
The ICPAS Showcase will be held August 28-29 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
"Keeping up with the rapid pace of change in our profession is a challenge that we all face," said Elaine Weiss, president and CEO of the ICPAS. "This year's show offers sessions that will bring attendees up to speed on technology and business trends, helping to ensure future readiness and putting them in a position to succeed."
Sampling of Courses
Here are just a few of the timely courses that will be offered at the Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase:
- Both Sides Now: Valuing, Selling, and Buying a CPA Practice
- Going Mobile - Faster Answers - Anytime, Anywhere Access
- Effective Marketing for the Accounting Professional
- CPA Firm Productivity Tools
- Healthcare Reform: Impact on Business
- Being Ethical Technically and Behaviorally
The ICPAS' premier event for business and finance professionals, the Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase, offers firms and companies tangible business solutions and best practices to help propel profitability.
Participants can test-drive the latest business and technology products from over eighty exhibitors, including ADP, Bloomberg BNA, CCH, CPA2Biz, Intuit, Sage, and Thomson Reuters.
There are thirty-four sessions to choose from, offering up to sixteen CPE credits for $290. The show is designed to allow finance professionals to create a program of study that best suits their educational needs.
In addition to keynote presentations, attendees can select CPE sessions from eight educational tracks:
- Accounting & Auditing
- CCH Educational Center
- Corporate Finance
- Intuit Academy
- Practice Management
- Technology Walking Tour
Keynote sessions are also geared around issues impacting today's rapidly changing business environment, including:
- Technology Futures - 2012; presented by Dana "Rick" Richardson, technology futurist and president, Richardson Media and Technologies
- Expansion versus Austerity: 2012 Financial Markets Outlook; presented by Jack Ablin, CIO, Harris Private Bank
- How to Ensure You Are Future Ready; presented by Mike Sabbatis, president and CEO, CCH Tax and Accounting, North America
For more information or to register for the Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase, visit the ICPAS website or call (800) 993-0393. To get the latest news and updates on the showcase, follow ICPAS on Twitter.
2 days 21 hours ago by iplata