'Financial Fitness' and Accounting Firm Improvement
Jennifer Katrulya, CPA, will kick off her second year of the BMRG Group Advisory Program (GAP) on July 1 with a revised four-tier program structure, new program content, more frequent meetings and communications, and quarterly Financial Fitness Peer Group meetings. In response to the feedback from 2012 GAP members, these changes are designed to increase an accounting firm's revenue stream as well as improve efficiency and productivity.
- Quarterly Financial Fitness Peer Group Meetings ‒ Members submit their firm's financial reporting information, and all data is included anonymously in a summarized package for group review. Through this review, members receive critical key performance measurements to highlight strengths and weaknesses and to keep their practice on track.
- Business Plan Preparation Track ‒ In 2012, Katrulya discovered that many firm business plans were not up to date or relevant, or did not exist at all. As a result, she created a way for firms to meet on a monthly basis, as a group, to focus on creating and/or improving their business plans.
- Three GAP Meetings per Month ‒ GAP groups of eight to ten member firms will meet online via a video interface three times each month. During these meetings, a specific system, tool, template, or resource will be reviewed and explained, with content tailored to the sizes and niches of firms who are on each call.
- July 16‒17
- August 13‒14
- December 3‒4
- Using Client Surveys to Break the 'Just Fine' Syndrome
- Financial Metrics Every Business Owner Should Know
- Cloud Computing Versus Software as a Service