Company Announcements: Week of March 18, 2013
Citrin Cooperman announced that Brian J. "B.J." Hoffman, CPA, CFE, and Michael J. Kline, CPA, MST, both partners with the tax, accounting and business consulting firm in Philadelphia, have been appointed to serve prominent nonprofit organizations in advisory roles. Hoffman joined the advisory committee of Select Greater Philadelphia and Kline was elected to the board as the treasurer of Quilts for Kids. The Citrin Cooperman accountants add to the fabric, both figuratively and literally, of Philadelphia and the surrounding communities.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2012 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance.
- For the first time, Crowe was ranked on the InformationWeek 500 list. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that used new technology and models to make notable improvements in their company operations.
- Geralyn Hurd, a partner in the Tax practice in the Crowe Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Top 25 Consultants in the category of Excellence in the Public Sector. Hurd developed the patent-pending Crowe Tax Risk Assessment and Control (C-TRAC®) solution, an IRS-approved solution that combines project management with tax expertise.
- The Crowe Information Services team, led by Chief Information Officer Yvonne Scott, was awarded the Most Effective IT Team of the Year Award by the Society of Information Managers (SIM) and the American Institute of Technology Professionals (AITP) Chicago chapters. The team included Kathy Fluke, Challis Gibbs, Pat Powers, and Rex Voorheis.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the Financial Services group of the Performance practice was a finalist for the Getting to Know You Award, one of Eloqua's annual marketing awards, or "Markies." Among the campaign's contributors were Angela Blankenship, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Jon Losey, and Tinh Tran.
- Sue Tomlinson, a partner in the Tax practice in the Crowe Los Angeles office, received the Women in Business Award for Business Executive of the Year from the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
- Justin Stone, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe Fort Lauderdale, Florida, office, was recognized by the South Florida Business Journal's Forty Under 40 program.
- CEO Chuck Allen received the Ball State University Department of Accounting Award of Excellence for 2012.
- Cory Herendeen, a principal, and Jeremy Cox, a senior manager, both in the Performance practice in the Crowe Indianapolis office, were among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2012 Best and Brightest. Herendeen was a finalist in the Accounting category, Cox a finalist in the Government category.
- Jennifer Kary, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe South Bend, Indiana, office, was recognized in the 2012 Class of Michiana Forty Under 40 program, presented by the Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph's County.
- Aaron Myers, a senior manager in the Audit practice in the Crowe Fort Wayne, Indiana, office, was recognized as a Rising Star by the Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly's Forty Under 40 program.
- Steve Jennings, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe Lexington, Kentucky, office, received the Kentucky Nonprofit Network's Outstanding Board Leadership Award.
Voice of the Editor
Which isn’t completely true. I mean, occasionally I drop by when I manage to sneak out of the nonstop frat party over at Going Concern, but I’m mostly a wallflower over there. I’m happy to say that I’ve been given express permission (or explicit orders, if you like) to wander over here to AccountingWEB more often.
Why is that, you might ask? My job is to replace the irreplaceable Gail Perry as Editor-in-Chief. What does that mean? I don’t really know! I think it’ll be fun getting a feel for things, throwing in my own thoughts here and there, and listening to the discussions you’re having about the accounting profession.