21 Work-life Balance Reminders for Tax Season
by Jeff Davidson on
Tax season is upon us and the challenges of maintaining work-life balance become acute. With that in mind, here are twenty-one ways that professionals with work-life balance are different from others:
1) The typical person thinks that work-life balance is something you need to strive for. Those who have work-life balance realize that it is an everyday practice.
2) The typical person becomes stressed throughout the day from the demands they face. Those with work-life balance anticipate unexpected demands and dispense their energy accordingly.
3) The typical person suspects that only the privileged can attain work-life balance. Those with work-life balance understand that it is within everyone's grasp.
4) The typical person assumes that you need money and resources to experience work-life balance. Those who have it know that money or resources won't help if you're on the wrong path.
5) The typical person regards taking time for themselves as a luxury they can't afford. Those who have work-life balance recognize that taking time for themselves is vital.
6) The typical person becomes emotional about his or her lack of work-life balance. Those who have it take a rational, methodical approach to maintaining it.
7) The typical person strives to get more done, hoping for free time at the rainbow's end. Those with work-life balance take time for rest and reflection, on the way to getting more done.
8) The typical person is resigned to a state of "too much to do, not enough time to do it." Those who have work-life balance establish priorities and supporting goals to those priorities.
9) The typical person multitasks, seeking to save time and effort. Those with work-life balance avoid multitasking with its many traps, and instead master the art of doing one thing at a time.
10) The typical person seeks technology tools and apps to carve out free time. Those with work-life balance have found that simple approaches work best, tools or not.
Eleven more on the next page!
1 week 2 days ago by K Wells
1 week 2 days ago by kosmas
2 weeks 1 day ago by John Stokdyk