21 Work-life Balance Reminders for Tax Season
by Jeff Davidson on
Tax season is upon us and the challenges of maintaining work-life balance become acute. With that in mind, here are twenty-one ways that professionals with work-life balance are different from others:
1) The typical person thinks that work-life balance is something you need to strive for. Those who have work-life balance realize that it is an everyday practice.
2) The typical person becomes stressed throughout the day from the demands they face. Those with work-life balance anticipate unexpected demands and dispense their energy accordingly.
3) The typical person suspects that only the privileged can attain work-life balance. Those with work-life balance understand that it is within everyone's grasp.
4) The typical person assumes that you need money and resources to experience work-life balance. Those who have it know that money or resources won't help if you're on the wrong path.
5) The typical person regards taking time for themselves as a luxury they can't afford. Those who have work-life balance recognize that taking time for themselves is vital.
6) The typical person becomes emotional about his or her lack of work-life balance. Those who have it take a rational, methodical approach to maintaining it.
7) The typical person strives to get more done, hoping for free time at the rainbow's end. Those with work-life balance take time for rest and reflection, on the way to getting more done.
8) The typical person is resigned to a state of "too much to do, not enough time to do it." Those who have work-life balance establish priorities and supporting goals to those priorities.
9) The typical person multitasks, seeking to save time and effort. Those with work-life balance avoid multitasking with its many traps, and instead master the art of doing one thing at a time.
10) The typical person seeks technology tools and apps to carve out free time. Those with work-life balance have found that simple approaches work best, tools or not.
Eleven more on the next page!
Wait, there's more!
There's always more at AccountingWEB. We're an active community of financial professionals and journalists who strive to bring you valuable content every day. If you'd like, let us know your interests and we'll send you a few articles every week either in taxation, practice excellence, or just our most popular stories from that week. It's free to sign up and to be a part of our community.
Premium content is currently locked
2 weeks 4 days ago by mucar1990