Nine firms are the recipients of the first-ever Practical Accountant Practice Innovation awards for having firms that are consulting-driven, problem solvers. Innovation that brings in new business or cuts costs by way of a process or new procedure is the criterion for these awards.
The firms varied as to what they accomplished, but each one excelled by taking the initiative to expand its practice in one way or another.
The nine categories and firms include:
- Facing Challenges Head-onMarkham Norton Stroemer & Company of Ft. Myers, Fla. Markham was featured on the cover, and also is a member of the Financial Consulting Group;
- Free Analysis Yields EngagementsEide Bailly in Fargo, ND
- Reinventing the AuditBarnes, Dennig & Co. in Cincinnati, OH
- Business Continuity for the MassesBrown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz in Camp Hill and Lancaster, PA
- Capitalizing on OutsourcingDonna Miller & Associates in Herndon, VA
- Working the WebRowbotham & Company in San Francisco and Palo Alto, CA
- Financial Services SpinoffAbrams Little-Gill Loberfeld in Chestnut Hill, MA
- New Economy ScorecardSobel & Co. in Livingston NJ
- Financial Planning InitiativesVitale, Caturano and Company of Boston, MA