The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board has announced the names of the participants in the roundtable discussion on its proposed standard on auditors' communications with audit committees. The PCAOB will host the roundtable on Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2010, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at 1201 15th Street N.W., Washington, D.C.
On March 29, 2010, the PCAOB issued for public comment a proposed auditing standard, Communications with Audit Committees. The comment period closed on May 28, 2010. The proposed auditing standard and the comment letters received are available on the PCAOB Web site.
The roundtable will explore some of the key issues commentators have raised on the proposal to date, as well as other ideas on how to improve communications between the auditor and the audit committee. Also, as previously announced, the Board has reopened the comment period on the proposal until Oct. 21, 2010.
The participants include representatives of audit committees, investors, auditors, issuers and others:
- Dennis R. Beresford, Ernst & Young Executive Professor of Accounting, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia, and Director on the board of various public companies
- Jeb Burns, Chief Investment Officer, Municipal Employees Retirement System of Michigan
- Roger Coffin, Associate Director Weinberg Center of Corporate Governance, Associate Professor of Practice, University of Delaware
- J. Michael Cook, Director on the board of various public companies
- James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law, School of Law, Duke University
- Robert Dohrer, National Director of Assurance Services, McGladrey & Pullen, LLP
- Lisa Gaynor, Assistant Professor of Accounting, University of South Florida
- Linda L. Griggs, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Arnold C. Hanish, Vice President of Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, Eli Lilly & Company
- Patricia Ann K. Harvey, Vice President, Corporate Audit and Enterprise Risk Management, Delta Air Lines
- Judith Richards Hope, Distinguished Visitor from Practice and Professor, Georgetown University Law School, and Director on the board of various public companies
- Gary Kabureck, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Robert Kueppers, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte LLP
- Alex J. Mandl, Non-Executive Chairman, Gemalto, N.V., and Director on the board of various public companies
- Mary Hartman Morris, Investment Officer, Global Equity, California Public Employees¡¦ Retirement System
- George Munoz, Principal, Munoz Investment Banking Group, LLC, and Director on the board of various public companies
- Donald T. Nicolaisen, Former Chief Accountant, Securities & Exchange Commission, and Director on the board of various public companies
- Samuel Ranzilla, Audit Partner and National Managing Partner, Audit Quality and Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- Lawrence Salva, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, Comcast Corporation
- R. Harold Schroeder, Portfolio Manager¡VU.S. Financials, Carlson Capital
- Lynn E. Turner, Senior Advisor and Managing Director, LECG
- Joan Waggoner, Partner in Charge of Quality Assurance, Blackman Kallick LLP
- Karen Hastie Williams, Director on the board of various public companies
The roundtable will be open to the public, and also audible via Webcast and podcast on the PCAOB Web site.