Carolinas Managing Partner Michael McGuire, South Florida Managing Partner Doug Gawrych, and Chicago Audit Practice Leader Antony Nettleton have been elected to the Grant Thornton LLP Partnership Board, while Philadelphia Office Managing Partner Rick Gebert was re-elected for another term. Jack Katz, Financial Services practice national managing partner and New York cluster managing partner, was re-elected as the Board’s chairman. Grant Thornton’s Partnership Board provides oversight and governance relating to firmwide partnership matters. The four began their three year term in November 2008.
“The Partnership Board is one of the most important stewards of Grant Thornton, and we welcome the new members,” says CEO Ed Nusbaum. “Our board functions in many ways like a corporate board of directors, and we are always grateful to those who take on these critical responsibilities.”
Serving the remainder of their terms are Partnership Board members:
- John Desmond, Long Island, N.Y., office partner-in-charge
- Scott Farber, Irvine, Calif., office Audit practice leader and West Region international business center director
- Jack Katz, Financial Services practice national managing partner and New York cluster managing partner
- Rich LaFleur, Mid-Atlantic practice managing partner
- Ed Nusbaum, CEO and executive partner
- Larry Redler, Advisory Services co-managing partner
- Randy Robason, Tax Accounting and Risk Advisory Services national partner-in-charge
About Grant Thornton LLP
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.