Jul 8th 2013
Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain, PC (LBMC), is pleased to announce the following promotions effective June 1, 2013.
Lee Ann Payne has been promoted to a senior in the accounting services department. She was previously a staff in the department. She specializes in small business consulting, assisting clients with a number of back office functions, including payroll, payroll tax returns, general ledger, accounts payable, and QuickBooks assistance.
Katie Graham has been promoted to a manager in the healthcare consulting division. She was previously a senior in the department. With over ten years of healthcare industry experience, Graham has been employed by a medical billing and consulting company as well as a regional accounting firm. She works directly with medical practices to enhance the overall levels of efficiency and financial performance.
Amanda Hensley, CPA, has been promoted to a senior in tax. She was previously a staff in the department. Currently, her areas of concentration include partnership and individual taxation.
Meredith Pratt, CPA, has been promoted to a senior in tax. Pratt was previously a staff in the department. She has prepared tax returns for individuals, partnership, and corporations as well as nonprofit.
Gina Swainson has been promoted to administrative manager for the tax department. She has over twenty years of experience working directly with the tax department in processing and filing returns as well as various other administrative duties.
The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) elected its board of directors for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. The board sets policies, manages programs, and oversees activities that benefit the 11,000-member organization and accounting profession. The board members were sworn in at the MSCPA's Annual Meeting and Recognition Reception in May.
The following will serve as board officers:
- Chairman: Merrill S. Puopolo, CPA, CBIZ Tofias & Mayer Hoffman McCann PC - Tofias New England Division
- Chairman-Elect: William D. Mahoney, CPA, Edelstein & Company LLP
- Vice Chairman Finance: Carla M. McCall, CPA, CGMA, Alexander Aronson Finning & Co PC
- Vice Chairman: Scott Levy, CPA, Grant Thornton LLP
- Vice Chairman: Charles J. O'Donnell, CPA, Hans Kissle Company, Inc.
- Past Chairman: Kenneth W. Kirkland, CPA, MST, KAF Financial Group
- President/CEO: Theodore J. Flynn, CAE, Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Inc.
The following will sit on the board as members:
- Paul Bardaro, CPA/ABV, Rucci, Bardaro & Falzone, PC
- Randall S. Davis, CPA, Daniel Dennis & Company, LLP
- Mark V. Dow, CPA, MST, O'Connor & Drew PC
- Douglas P. Fiebelkorn, CPA, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Lawrence Kahn, CPA, Kahn Litwin Renza & Co. Ltd.
- Daniel F. Morrill, CPA, Wolf & Company PC
- Catherine M. Moy, CPA, BDO USA LLP
- Brigitte W. Muehlmann, Ph.D., M.S.T., CPA, CMA, CFM, CVA, Suffolk University
- Mark W. Nichols, CPA, MST, MBA, Mark W. Nichols, CPA, PC
- Kathryn A. Polak, CPA, Accretive Solutions
- Mary L. Schedler Sahady, CPA, ESQ, MST, Hague, Sahady & Co., PC
- Kerry A. Stakem, PwC LLP
Rosen Seymour Shapss Martin & Company LLP (RSSM) announced that Robert A. Modansky, CPA, CFF, CGMA, was honored by the Jack Martin Fund on Thursday, May 23, 2013, for his philanthropic efforts and continuous support of the Jack Martin Division of Pediatric Oncology at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
RSSM also announced that Martin L. Greenberg, CPA, and his wife, Roberta Greenberg, were the guests of honor on Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Chabad's Inaugural Gala Dinner, for their devoted time and energy to help make Chabad of Larchmont & Mamaroneck a success in their endeavors.
Scott Voss, CPA, has been promoted at accounting firm RubinBrown as a partner in the firm's Tax Services Group. Previously, Voss was Manager of Tax Services.
In his new role, Voss is responsible for tax compliance and consulting services in the areas of retail, manufacturing, contractors, and telecommunications. Voss specializes in state income tax minimization, tax accounting methods, accounting for income tax, and Kansas tax incentives.