“This past year, we positioned ourselves to leverage all the positive events in the marketplace, and our business has never been better at the firm,” Thomas J. Marino, CEO of J.H.Cohn LLP said in a statement announcing that the firm’s revenues increased by 12 percent, from $128 million to $144 million, during the fiscal year ending January 31, 2006. “The landscape in the accounting profession continued changing in our favor as significant midsize companies turned to a firm of our size, due to the depth and breadth of our services.”
AdvertisementLow Cost Accounting Software Support
Provider of low cost support, consulting, training and custom report writing for MAS 90, MAS 200 and MAS 500 accounting software systems. Call us toll free at 1-866-762-3990 to learn how we can help. http://www.saveonsupport.com
Among the highlights for Fiscal year 2006 were:
- The firm’s core services, such as accounting, tax, and consulting services, to middle-market companies in the New York metropolitan area and Southern California played a significant role in the increase in revenues.
- The firm’s expansion continued in its corporate governance services practice, from large multinational to midsize public companies complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Today, more than 125 professional at J.H. Cohn are involved with the practice, making it one of the largest pools of Sarbanes-Oxley talent outside the Big Four accounting firms.
- J.H. Cohn continued investing resources in a number of major market segments that it serves – manufacturing, distribution, retailing, construction, SEC, healthcare, real estate, not-for-profit, entertainment, law firms, and financial services.
- The firm added 12 new partners, 10 men and two women.
- Cohn Consulting Group ranked as the 19th largest management consulting firm in New York area by Crain’s New York Business.
- The firm received an “Innovation Award” from Practical Accountant magazine for the firm’s commitment to developing and implementing cutting-edge practices that add value for its clients. J.H. Cohn has won this award for the last five years.
J.H. Cohn is one of the top 20 accounting and consulting firms in the nation and the largest headquartered in New Jersey. The firm’s strong reputation for industry specialization and providing custom solutions to clients stems from the fact that J.H. Cohn professionals are passionate about providing personalized and attentive services, the success of clients and staff, and their role as community leaders.
“Another key factor to our continued success and growth is attributed to us delivering on the firm’s core philosophy – provide clients with the finest accounting and consulting services that they can find,” Marino continued. “Beginning in 1919 when J.H. Cohn was founded to today, we’ve always delivered results and helped our clients to achieve their business goals.”