Dec 13th 2004
- Thou Shall Be Decisive - Success is a choice. You must decide what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it. No one else can, will, or should do that for you.
- Thou Shall Stay Focused - A close relative to being decisive, but your ability to sustain your focus from beginning to end determines the timing and condition of your outcomes.
- Thou Shall Welcome Failure - The fundamental question is not whether you should accept failure. You have no choice but to expect it as a temporary condition on the path way of progress. Rather, the question is how to anticipate failure and redirect resources to grow from the experience.
- Thou Shall Write Down Thy Goals - Your mind while blessed with permanent memory is cursed with lousy recall. People forget things. Avoid the temptation of being cute; Write down your goals.
- Thou Shall Plan Thoroughly - Planning saves 10 to 1 in execution. Proper planning prevents poor performance.
- Thou Shall Involve Others - Nobody goes through life alone. Establish your own "Personal Board of Directors", people whose wisdom, knowledge and character you respect to help you achieve your goals.
- Thou Shall Take Purposeful Action - Success is not a spectator sport - achievement demands action. You cannot expect to arrive at success without having made the trip.
- Thou Shall Reward Thyself - Rewards work! Think of what you will give yourself as a result of your hard work, focus and persistence - you deserve it!
- Thou Shall Inspect What Thy Expect - The Shelf life of all plans is limited. No plan holds up against opposition. Everything changes. Therefore inspect frequently and closely, it's an insurance policy on your success.
- Thou Shall Maintain Personal Integrity - Maintain your commitment to your commitment. Set your goals, promise yourself that you will achieve them. Eliminate wiggle room and excuses. That's personal integrity!
Reprinted With Permission. All Rights Reserved. (C) The Goals Guy. You can find out more information on The Goals Guy, by visiting their Web site at http://www.goalsguy.com/