“This Library contains the materials that experts look to first for insight and strategies – notably works by Martin Ginsburg and Jack Levin – along with authoritative collections of primary source materials,” Steve Santel, Aspen Publishers product manager said in announcing the integrated library.
|Thousands of executives with financial reporting responsibilities use the Comperio on-line library to access the type of information and interpretive guidance PricewaterhouseCoopers' own professional audit staff use around the world. Key content areas include guidance from the FASB, EITF, PCAOB, SEC, and others as well as PwC's interpretive guidance. Get more information and sign up for a complimentary 30-day trial.|
The Library is a comprehensive, one-stop resource from Aspen Publishers and CCH, part of Wolters Kluwer Law & Business Group, for professionals working in the mergers and acquisitions field. Through the CCH Internet Research Network, practitioners will have online access to an unparalleled collection of a core of analytical and primary resources, as well as optional, complementary materials.
Core materials include:
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts by Martin D. Ginsburg and Jack S. Levin – This invaluable resource provides deal-making strategies that will ensure the best financial and tax benefits for clients. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts covers not only the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions, but also the other aspects of corporate acquisitions, including state corporate law, securities law, accounting, fraudulent conveyance law, HST antitrust reporting, and contract terms that are important in negotiating, structuring and effectuating an acquisition.
- Structuring Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Entrepreneurial Transactions by Jack S. Levin – This insightful resource offers detailed strategies to help you minimize tax and other liabilities, maximize client returns and avoid a myriad of legal pitfalls. The dynamic transaction-by-transaction approach offers unparalleled coverage of the tax, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), corporate, accounting, HSR, bankruptcy and economic consequences of every type of transaction.
- Structuring Mergers and Acquisitions: A Guide to Creating Shareholder Value by Peter Hunt – This guide establishes a framework for analyzing each transaction from a financial perspective, and evaluating options in terms of how they create value today or to better position a company. It provides expert analytical case studies of real M & A deals, as well as guidance, tips and techniques for managing every phase of a merger, acquisition or restructuring, with the goal of increasing value.
- Takeovers: A Strategic Guide to Mergers & Acquistions by Meredith M. Brown, Ralph C. Ferrara, Paul S. Bird, and Gary W. Kubek – The leading source for guidance on legal, securities and state corporate law in M & A, this guide discusses the many considerations a bidder must address such as: assessing a target’s defenses; starting a tender offer and the disclosures required at initiation; Rule 14e-c and other limitations regarding inside information; and filing requirements in proxy contests.
- Takeover Defense by Arthur Fleischer, Jr. and Alexander R. Sussman – This resource provides expert guidance on defending against a hostile takeover.
- Internal Revenue Code and Regulations – Includes full text of the Internal Revenue Code and regulations.
Optional, complementary materials include:
- Corporation Service – Current full-text coverage of the business corporation laws and limited liability company acts of all 50 states and the district of Columbia, annotations of current cases, plus a practice guide providing expert analysis of key issues.
- Blue Sky Law Desk Reference – A concise resource on Blue Sky law regulating the issuance and sale of securities, as well as the licensing and activities of issuers, brokers-dealers, agents and state and federally regulated investment advisers.
- Federal Securities Law Reporter – the single most authoritative reporter of federal securities laws, regulations, interpretations, no-action letters, accounting releases and court decisions. Includes weekly updates.
- Bankruptcy Law Reporter – This reporter contains the full text of bankruptcy laws along with cases. It also includes the Bankruptcy Code and Supreme Court Rules of Procedure in full-text. Includes bi-weekly updates.
- U.S. Securities Cases Archive – Securities cases from 1941 to 1996.
- SEC No-Action Letters – Full text of more than 55,000 of the most significant SEC no-action or interpretive letters from 1971 to the present.
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers by Peter F. C. Begg, J.J. Henning – A guide to the practical issues involved conducting mergers and acquisitions transactions in 50 significant economies of the world.
- International Mergers and Acquisitions by Meredith M. Brown – This guide shows how international mergers and acquisitions are different from their domestic equivalent. Key issues addressed include reconciling the tax and accounting systems and divergent merger legislation of different jurisdictions, differences in corporate culture and governance, cross-border communications and basic logistical difficulties of an international transaction.
- International Securities Outlook – This newsletter tracks the latest regulations and news from the major trading centers of the world. Issued monthly.
- SECnet – A comprehensive system for online securities filing research and document retrieval. A link to SEC net is provided for convenience. Separate charges apply for usage on a subscription or pay-as-you-go basis.
The primary source materials, treatises and news/current awareness publications all appear in a common interface. Citations to primary sources are linked to the full text of the source documents, and researchers are able to search across the entire library or any parts of it they designate. All resources are updated on a regular basis.
“The Library is designed to follow a professional’s workflow – links in the treatises provide instant access to the related primary source materials, making everything more valuable and saving precious time,” Santel said.