A survey conducted by Maryland based Panel Publishers reveals that CFO compensation has been surging over the last four years in small to medium sized companies. The overall growth of CFO salaries at many of these companies reflects the economic expansion of the last few years.
The survey also found an impressive rise in CFO stock option awards as a percentage of salary. Over the last four years, CFOs’ median total direct compensation as a percentage of what their CEOs earn rose 10 percent at the surveyed firms.
The survey outlines the following areas:
- The Top 5 Highest-Paid CFOs Surveyed
- CFO's Median Pay as a % of CEO's Pay
- CFO Pay Trends from 1997 to 2000
- CFO Stock Option Awards from 1997 to 2000
- % of Company Stock Ownership by Officer
- Incentive Plan Eligibility and Payout by Officer
- Compensation of CFOs by Company Size
- Average 2000 Total Direct Compensation of Incentive
For full details and tables of the above highlighted areas, visit the CFO Site.