Now in its 29th year, the Illinois CPA Society will once again host its premier annual event for business and financial professionals. The Midwest Accounting & Finance Showcase is being held on Tuesday, August 25 and Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
The Showcase will provide the information and tools needed to face the challenges of today's fast changing and unpredictable economic environment, and its keynote presentations reflect the big picture issues of the CPA profession and the current business climate. Keynote sessions include:
State of the Profession
- Ernest A. Almonte, CPA, Chairperson, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Rhode Island Auditor General
- Lee. A. Gould, CPA/ABV, JD, CFE, CFF, Chairman, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors and Managing Member, Gould and Pakter Associates LLC
- Elaine Weiss, JD, President and CEO, Illinois CPA Society
16th Annual Tomorrow's Technologies
- Dana "Rick" Richardson, CPA.CITP, Technology Futurist & President, Richardson Media and Technologies, LLC
When Opportunity Trumps Fear: An Economic Outlook
- Dr. James Glassman, Senior Economist and Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase
Chicago Olympics 2016: Global Opportunities for Building Corporate Growth
- Representative from the Chicago Olympic Committee.
Additionally, the Midwest Accounting & Finance Showcase offers eight tracks of educational sessions covering the most current developments in the field taught by experts in the profession. This event is great way to earn up to 17 hours of high-quality CPE, plus up to 9 hours of CLE, 4 hours of ethics credits, and CFP credits, in just two days. Tracks include: Accounting & Auditing, Practice Management, Tax, Technology, Corporate Finance, Intuit Academy, CCH Educational Center, and Technology Walking Tours. Within these sessions some of the year's hot topics will be addressed in presentations such as:
- Twelve Principles to Improve Insights on Your Cash Flow
- Ethics: Communications, Culture, and the CPA's Role
- Inventory is a Liability, Not an Asset
- Common Payroll Mistakes and How to Fix Them Using Intuit Payroll Solutions
- Engaging Your Talent to Drive Growth and Innovation
- Web 2.0: Less Hype, More Help
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS): Assessing the Potential Impact on Your Organization
- 10 Things You Don't Know About Employee Benefits
Those attending the Showcase will also have an opportunity to test drive the latest offerings of over 70 exhibitors including CCH, ADP, Intuit, BNA, Thomson Reuters, SmartVault, CPA2Biz, Alliant Credit Union, and Warehouse Direct.
For more information on the Illinois CPA Society's 2009 Midwest Accounting & Finance Showcase visit www.icpas.org.