Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. (CB&H) has announced that Michelle Thompson, audit partner and consulting partner at the firm, has been appointed to the board of directors of Junior Achievement (JA) of Eastern North Carolina, a worldwide organization dedicated to educating students on entrepreneurship, the modern workplace and financial management.
As a member of the board of directors, Thompson will contribute to the JA mission of inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy, and work with JA leadership to leverage the nonprofit's footprint and develop a more dynamic and impactful organization.
"Education is the foundation of success, and inspiring children to learn and reach their potential is what Junior Achievement of Eastern North Carolina is all about", said Thompson. "I am honored to be selected for the board of directors, and I look forward to contributing to such an energetic organization."
- Using hands-on, age-appropriate activities and programs, JA partners businesses and educators to provide young people in grades K-12 the tools and understanding needed to succeed in today's economy. For more information, visit http://triangle.ja.org.
- Thompson's role at CB&H primarily involves servicing clients both as an audit partner and a consulting partner for a variety of industries with a focus in technology, government contractors, and SEC companies.
- As director of risk management at CB&H, Thompson is responsible for strategic planning, resource assessment and utilization, quality control, service approach, and methodology and training for delivery of the firm's Financial and Information Technology Internal Control Services.
- Thompson has practiced public accounting since 1992 and is licensed to practice in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- In 2009, Thompson was appointed treasurer for the Research Triangle chapter of The National Funding Association (www.nationalfunding.org), a networking organization for financial professionals from every financial category such as investment bankers, accountants, brokers, venture capitalists, bankers, and asset-based lenders.
About Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P.:
For more than 60 years, Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. (CB&H) has provided high-quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base. As an innovative and highly professional certified public accounting (CPA) and consulting firm, CB&H serves as a valued advisor to more than 25,000 clients by providing guidance on important operational and individual matters. Ranked among the top 30 accounting firms in the nation, CB&H is uniquely positioned to impart quality, cost-effective and practical advice to clients that include multinational corporations, private businesses, nonprofit organizations, governmental entities, emerging or startup firms and successful individuals. As one of the largest regional CPA firms headquartered in the Southeast, CB&H's resource network stretches across six states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, and nationally and internationally through an alliance with Baker Tilly International Limited, an association of independent accounting and consulting firms. For more information, visit www.cbh.com.
About JA Worldwide:
Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, Junior Achievement provides in-school and after-school programs for students which focus on three key content areas: work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy. Today, 129 individual area operations reach more than 4 million students in the United States, with an additional 5.7 million students served by operations in 122 other countries worldwide. For more information, visit www.ja.org.