AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 50
May 27 - May 31, 2002
This Resource Guide Brought to You By:
- Students Weigh In On What Influences Their Career Decisions
- Daily Business Intelligence - Free Business Success Kit
- Discover Who You Are To Succeed
- Free Tour - FRx Forecaster: Collaborative Budgeting
- Making The Most of Client Meetings
- Free Report - 'Nixing Negativity In The Workplace'
- New Ranking - Best Cities To Do Business, Advance a Career
- Survey: More Employees Receiving Work/Life Benefits
- Infuse Your Marketing Plan With Measurable Activity
- Book Recommendation: Leading At The Edge, Leadership Lessons From The Extraordinary Saga of Shackleton's Expedition
- From the Archives: Strategic Vision - All Firms Need It
- Resource Guide Special: Ten People Management Tips
Plus: PressZONE, CareerZONE, and The MarketPlace
"Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell em, Certainly, I can!
Then get busy and find out how to do it."
- -Theodore Roosevelt
A comprehensive survey concluded this month by AccountingWEB, Inc. shows that accounting students are still very optimistic about the accounting profession, and shows that traditional values, integrity and honesty are paramount in their decisions of which firms to work for. Most significantly, "reputation" and "culture" have overtaken salary and benefits as the main factors influencing their career decisions. Find out more today.
Oracle invites you to look at your data in a whole new way with Daily Business Intelligence. When decisions have to be made at a moment's notice, you need up-to-the-minute, cross-company information at your fingertips. Click here for a FREE Business Success Kit with a whitepaper from The Economist, demos, and an executive workshop.
If you were asked to make three brief statements in response to the question, "Who are you?" how would you respond? Who you are today is the result of all the experiences you have had, the ideas you have heard expressed and your reactions to and decisions about those ideas.
Are you or your client in need of a budgeting solution that is intuitive and easy to use? Armed with an ebudget, use the Web to join forces with managers around the world or in the next office. FRx Forecaster provides CFOs, controllers and financial analysts with the dynamic control they need over budgeting and planning in today's e-business. Secure, flexible, easy to use and cost effective. Learn more today by taking our free CFO Tour.
It's important to recognize that prospective and current clients usually want to address current and future issues, not the past ones. Here are some guidelines to help you prepare for your next client meeting.
This free report -- "Nixing Negativity In The Workplace" -- gives employers a blueprint for recharging their workplace with positive and productive attitudes.
The votes are in and the list is complete. Forbes Magazine and Milken Institute have joined forces to offer their third annual Best Places Ranking, highlighting the top 200 U.S. cities in which to do business or advance a career.
A survey of major U.S. employers by Hewitt Associates shows more companies are offering work/life benefits to their employees this year, despite the economic downturn.
It happens in accounting firms everywhere - partners tell you they want a positive substantiated ROI from their marketing efforts, but then allocate the majority of their marketing budgets to activities that can't be measured. Infusing measurable activities into your plan and achieving a balance is the key.
Perkins' book provides a unique and fascinating angle on a subject of pivotal concern. Ernest Shackleton's remarkable Antarctic survival saga can, ultimately, only be understood as evidence of outstanding leadership abilities. The book examines Shackleton's actions and decisions and extracts 10 key leadership lessons that can be applied by anyone faced with the challenge of leading and influencing others in these turbulent times. Order Today!
11. From the Archives: Strategic Vision - All Firms Need It
Vision is important if your firm plans to grow and prosper. The large firms spend considerable resources on visioning and strategic planning. Building consensus and gaining input from staff, managers, and owners is important.
Some helpful tips to help you manage your staff.
- Motivating Your Staff - Questions to Lead By
- Opening Closed Doors-Work Your Business Relationships
- Top Ten Beliefs for Leaders to Live By
- View Outlook Inbox and Calendar at the Same Time
- Characteristics that Make a Successful Entrepreneur
A comprehensive survey concluded this month by AccountingWEB, Inc. shows that accounting students are still very optimistic about the accounting profession, and shows that traditional values, integrity and honesty are paramount in their decisions of which firms to work for. Most significantly, "reputation" and "culture" have overtaken salary and benefits as the main factors influencing their career decisions. The complete survey report, which includes over twenty significant findings, question-by-question results and student recommendations to potential employers, is available for purchase on the AccountingWEB Web site at a pre-publication price of just $69.00.
Industry Profiles - $99.00
Resources From The Association for Accounting Administration
Visit the AccountingWEB Resource Library for a complete listing of resources, reports, tips, booklets, research papers and other documents available for purchase.
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted over the past week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum Page for the most recent questions/answers posted by our members.
1. A partnership/LLC can issue a profits interest, the issuance of which does not result in a taxable event to either the recipient or the issuer. [Rev. Proc. 93-27.] Can anybody point me towards the GAAP treatment of the issuance of a profits interest vis-a-vis a non-event or some type of income statement/balance sheet booking required. I am a tax guy and pretty much drawing a blank when it comes to GAAP.
2. I have twelve worksheets in my workbook. They are named Jan 02, Feb 02 and so on. I want to change the names to Jan 03, Feb 03 and so no. I have selected all the tabs (using shift) and changed one of the "02" to "03" hoping that all the other tabs will change to 03. However, it doesn't work. Is my only option to change each one individually? It's not a big problem changing them individually, but for bigger jobs it would be interesting to know if there is a "quick" way!
AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Brand awareness and lead generations are the main reasons for an ongoing and targeted marketing campaign. Secure your spot today and get FREE banners for a month. Contact us today for more information.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
We would like to thank Oracle E-Business and FRx Software for making this AccountingWEB Resource Guide possible.
Copyright (C) 2002 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."