This Resource Guide Brought To You By
THIS WEEK'S TOPICS
- Clients Deeply Dissatisfied With Professional Service Providers
- S&P Launches New Online Tools to Assist Investors
- Texas Society of CPAs Speaks Out About Foreign Outsourcing Trends
- Software Firms, California at Odds Over Free E-Filing Services
- Non-Big Four Accounting Firm Places 2nd in U.S. Audit Rankings
- House Passes Bill That Would Limit Spam, Punish Violators
- IRS Issues New Guides For Charitable Organizations
- Combating Abusive Tax Shelters: A Summary
- GAO Report, IRS Has "Material Weaknesses" in Security Controls
- Changes Allow More Small Businesses to Qualify For Assistance
- CPA Firm Delivers Consultative Service "Commitment to Excellence"
- Book Recommendation: Leader to Leader: Enduring Insights on Leadership
- Tips For Creating an Effective Employee Incentive Program
- How to Write a Press Release For Your Firm
- How to Stay Motivated Day in and Day Out
- Premium Members Save $75 Off The 2004 Tax Tips Ticker
"In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you." - - Warren Buffet CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
Ernst & Young's global Internet portal -- Ernst & Young Online - provides continuous access to important accounting and auditing resources. With the Global Accounting & Auditing Information Tool (GAAIT), you can conduct research on all major GAAP systems, including accounting & auditing standards and Ernst & Young guidance. Learn more about the resources available and request access to Ernst & Young Online.
THE ACCOUNTINGWEB NEWS WRAP-UP
Please note that AccountingWEB will not be sending the weekly News Wrap-Up this week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. We hope you have a safe and festive holiday! Make sure you visit the AccountingWEB News Page for this week's top news.
If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB login information, go to: http://www.accountingweb.com/forgotten_login.html
THIS WEEK'S FREE RESOURCES
"The "knowledge industry" of accountants, lawyers and
professional services providers does not seem to grasp the
magnitude of the problem," said Mac McManus survey author and principal of Ross McManus. "This is a wakeup call to these consultants, who will need to change this perception or face the consequences of lost business."
Standard & Poor's, a leading provider of independent investment research, ratings and indices, announced today that it has launched a comprehensive set of global online information and analyses on mutual funds aimed at helping individual investors make more informed investment decisions.
In a recent letter to Scott Voynich, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the AICPA, the Executive Board of the Texas Society of CPAs has expressed concern over the growing trend of CPAs outsourcing services to foreign countries. What do you think about this trend?
Beginning in early January through April 15, 2004, the IRS will provide Tax Tips for individual taxpayers. AccountingWEB has created a unique scrolling "Tax Ticker" for your firm to place on its Web site, which will display these weekly tips. This ticker will offer you dynamic content and a valuable client service with little time or effort on your part. Premium Members save $75.00 off your order. Order deadline is December 19, 2003. Find out more today and see a live example.
Companies that sell tax-preparation software are viewing
California's year-old, Internet-based tax system as an unfair threat to their business.
Chicago based Grant Thornton, one of the six global accounting organizations, placed second in quarterly audit gains recently.
12. Book Recommendation: Leader to Leader: Enduring Insights on Leadership from the Drucker Foundation's Award Winning Journal
Leader to Leader is an inspiring examination of mission,
leadership, values, innovation, building collaborations, shaping effective institutions, and creating community. Management pioneer Peter F. Drucker, and many other learning organization experts are among those who share their knowledge and experience in this essential resource. This book will spark ideas, open doors, and inspire all those who face the challenge of leading in an ever-changing environment. Order your copy today.
Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. See a sampling below. Subscribe today for only $49/year.
Marketing directors or individuals searching for ways to bring out the best in their firms' professionals should follow these guidelines for creating a successful incentive program. Follow these simple steps.
One of the most effective ways of promoting your business is by using public relations. And one of the best tools that small businesses have is the press release.
Motivation is functionally defined as possessing the self-discipline to do what you need to do when you need to do it. Here are some tips to help you and your staff stay motivated.
AccountingWEB is offering this 2004 Tax Tips Ticker feature directly to you for only $375 for the entire tax season. That's less than three dollars a day for dynamic, hosted, relevant, and maintenance-free content for your Web site! Premium members save $75! Find out more today.
LAST WEEK'S HOT TOPICS ON ACCOUNTINGWEB
If you've forgotten your login details, we'll send you a reminder.
Click here for more Hot Topics on AccountingWEB
** Disaster Planning For Your Organization **
Every day businesses are confronted with disasters of varying degrees. Those that have adequately developed, maintained, and exercised their contingency plans will survive. Yet many partners continue to take the uninhibited operations of their firms for granted. This document will help you outline your battle plan. (This is a Microsoft Word document - 161k) Purchase and download for only $39.95.
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q&A FORUM
Take a moment and lend a hand with some of the recent questions added to the AccountingWEB Q&A Forum. Review all the questions.
1. We are looking for some guidance on charging for 1040 series returns and all related schedules. We have been in practice 26 years and truly know that our charges for 1040 returns, and related schedules, are far to low.
2. When would you recognize the fee from an indefinite trademark license agreement as revenue? What regulations would support this answer. I'd appreciate any help.
3. What are the differences between IAS, GAAP-US, and GAAP-
India? Which countries follow IAS?
MORE ON ACCOUNTINGWEB...
Your Personal Membership Information - Take a moment today to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information in our records. Just go to your Profile Page and login to update your information today!
Login and Password Information - If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details, we'll send you a reminder.
Premium Subscriber Information - Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. Access to the growing library of the latest insights, ideas and tools is available for only $49 a year, just $4 a month.
Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc.
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."