This News Wrap-Up Brought To You By:
THIS WEEK'S NEWS
- Banking Regulators Adopt New Rules For Accountants
- PCAOB Now Accepting Registration Information From Firms
- Computer Alerts: Get Your Patches Today!
- SEC Names New Chief Accountant
- Ohio Joins Three Other States in Suing Freddie Mac
- BDO Seidman's Clients Try to Rescue Accounting Firms
- ABA Gives Corporate Attorneys Whistleblower Permission
- SEC Chief Accountant Clarifies Rules on Auditor Independence
- Latest Identity Theft Scam Centers on Fake Loans
- Track Advanced Child Tax Credit Checks on IRS Web Site
Microsoft(R) Business Solutions for Analytics-Forecaster makes it easy for your company to immediately realize the benefits of a budgeting and planning application. Find out how much your company can save! Try our online ROI Calculator to compute your payback in time and money instantly, online!
For more information on sponsorships and advertising on
AccountingWEB, contact us today!
As back-to-school scenarios start to play out in communities all across America, now might be a good time for you to consider how you can contribute your time and energy to enhancing the image of the accounting profession in your local high school or college.
Schools are always looking for "real life" stories, and we all know that the accounting profession can use many upbeat ambassadors these days.
So why not contact your local school, business club, community college or state CPA society to see how you can help. Just think what tremendous results could be achieved if everyone reading this newswire today could share one hour of their time with a potential future member of the profession...
Michael Platt, CEO
e-mail Mike Platt
THIS WEEK'S TOP NEWS
The banking industry is getting into the reform act with new rules that reflect those the accounting sector has adopted-by October 1, auditors who have been disciplined by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) can be prohibited from auditing banks.
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is now accepting registration information from public accounting firms that plan to continue auditing publicly held companies. Domestic companies have until October 22, 2003 to register, with international firms getting an additional six months.
The infections began spreading across the Internet this past Monday, and tens of thousands of computers were affected by mid-afternoon. Researchers fear this may reach epidemic proportions. Find out more today and get your patch!
Your organization will experience an unprecedented level of ease and efficiency when you systematize the processes throughout your organization. Accounting department policy groups range in price from $75 to $145 for each complete group, which consists of anywhere from 20-50 policies each. You can also purchase the entire accounting department policy collection for $795 and save! Check it out today!/
Nine months after SEC Chief Accountant Robert Herdman resigned amid controversy, the Securities and Exchange Commission has the appointment of a new Chief Accountant.
MORE NEWS. . .
Visit the AccountingWEB News Page for the latest updates!
LAST WEEK'S HOT TOPICS
PLEASE NOTE: If you are trying to access materials on the AccountingWEB site, you may need to log into the site, if you have not already done so in the past few months. If you have forgotten your login information, let us remind you!
Click here for more Hot Topics on AccountingWEB
ACCOUNTINGWEB PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS
Premium Subscriptions: Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. Access to the growing library of the latest insights, ideas and tools is available for only $49 a year, just $4 a month. See a sampling below.
TOP SELLING BOOKS ON ACCOUNTINGWEB
ACCOUNTINGWEB Q & A FORUM
Visit the AccountingWEB Question and Answer Forum for this week's topics. Post your comments and/or questions and lend a hand today!
MORE ON ACCOUNTINGWEB
FEATURED RESOURCE - The News Content Package
AccountingWEB is pleased to offer you, our members, with a
unique service of providing News Content for you to share with your clients or staff. You can cut and paste the articles into an e-mail format, use the content for your Web site, or send a professionally prepared newsletter in the mail to your client base. Whether you create a newsletter mailing or include the content using e-mail, your clients will appreciate the information you are providing them. Find out more today!
MARKETING EXPERTISE FROM ACCOUNTINGWEB.COM
If your company is launching a new product or service, let us help you with marketing. We have over four years of hands-on experience working with an online community of accounting professionals. We'll help steer you in the right direction for the best return on investment. We'd be happy to customize a campaign to suit your needs. Just let us know your goals and your budget and we can customize a solution that fits your needs! Contact us today for more information.
- Your Personal Membership Information - Take a moment today to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information in our records. Just go to your Profile Page and login to update your information today!
- Login and Password Information - If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details, we'll send you a reminder.
- Premium Subscriber Information - Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers. Subscribe Today for only $49/year!Premium Subscription Renewal: If you wish to renew your current Premium subscription, do so here!Copyright (C) 2003 AccountingWEB, Inc. (R)
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."