Ron Blair, managing director of Century Group, a professional services firm specializing in executive search, professional recruitment and independent project and interim services in accounting, finance, audit and tax believes a demand for accounting and finance professionals will carryover into 2007.
Blair listed the following factors contributing to the high demand for finance and accounting professionals:
1. Increased utilization of accounting and finance professionals on a project or interim basis if companies delay hiring plans during an economic downturn.
2. Increased bankruptcy filings will increase demand for accounting professionals with bankruptcy experience and finance professionals with turnaround and restructuring experience.
3. Increase in the number of professionals interested in pursuing alternative careers as project professionals. Most are drawn to the flexibility, control over work/life balance and the variety and challenge of project engagements.
4. Increased Public Company demands (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC Reporting, FASB guidelines, etc.) and changes in the nature of the relationship between auditors and clients.
5. Increased turnover as companies compete for limited accounting & finance talent.